This full day course runs from 9.30am until 4.30pm every 6 months.
Please see Eventbrite for details of dates.
Target Audience: All staff, volunteers and others working within Health & Social Care.
To develop more knowledge, awareness and understanding of the key concepts relating to discrimination, equality and diversity enabling staff to continue to promote and enhance their organisations as a diverse anti-discriminatory organisation that raises expertise and promotes good practice in Scotland.
"This course gives you a strong experience of the dimensions of exclusion and inclusion as well as the practicalities of legislation and what you need to know. It is an essential course for anyone working in the world of social care." - Service Manager
- To understand the impact and implications of our own personal attitudes, values, beliefs, prejudices and stereotypes
- To analyse the origins, context and manifestation of discrimination in society
- To understand an overview of the current and future Equality and Diversity legislation
- To examine the importance and effects of the use of language within our diverse society
- To have an awareness of cultural sensitivity and celebrating diversity within society
- To challenge discriminatory attitudes and behaviour effectively
- To consider what Health in Mind staff need to do with regards to planning for future effective good policy and practice on equality and diversity work within the organisation.
Priscilla Marongwe is a professional facilitator and consultant with a focus on the sustainability of equality, diversity, inclusion and human rights in organisations. Priscilla has worked with a wide range of industry sectors at all levels in the statutory, institutional and voluntary sectors in the field of construction, domestic abuse, homelessness, health, housing, sport, social care, and education.
All donations welcome! Please help us to make a positive impact on mental health and wellbeing in Scotland.
Click here to donate £5, £10 or £50 quickly and easily with our JustGiving donate box!
We're on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn! We will sometimes signpost there but if you need help or comprehensive information, contact the Information Resource Centre and they will be able to support you.
Bag pack, run, leap or bake - do whatever you want to support us in our work! Find out more here.
Service Evaluation 2014/15!
Find out what our service users say about us - click here to download our 2014/15 service evaluation.
Subscribe to our newsletter!
Thursday 9 March
Thursday 16 March
Two-day course Wednesdays 22 & 29 March