This full day course runs from 9.30am to 4.30pm and runs every 6 months.
To check out dates and to book, please see Eventbrite.
Morning: Attachment theory
Afternoon: Practice implication
Target Audience: The morning will cover attachment theory and is aimed at any staff or volunteers who are interested in attachment theory. The afternoon is aimed at staff and befrienders who have direct experience of working with service users who have attachment issues and are interested in furthering their knowledge.
- To provide workers with a greater understanding of attachment theory and how attachment issues might influence a support orientated relationship.
- To provide a safe and reflective space within which participants can share their experience of working with individuals who have attachment difficulties
- Participants will gain knowledge of basic attachment theory including the research that the theory is based on and the resultant attachment patterns and styles
- Using scenarios, explore how attachment affects a supportive relationship both positively and negatively.
- Relate the knowledge of attachment theory to ourselves and to the service users that participants work with.
- Explore what workers need to sustain themselves to work with individual who have attachment issues.
Jean Budge has worked for Health in Mind’s Trauma Services for nine years, the last four as a Supervisor. Trauma Services is a specialist service providing support to adult survivors of childhood sexual abuse.
All donations welcome! Please help us to make a positive impact on mental health and wellbeing in Scotland.
Click here to donate £5, £10 or £50 quickly and easily with our JustGiving donate box!
We're on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn! We will sometimes signpost there but if you need help or comprehensive information, contact the Information Resource Centre and they will be able to support you.
Bag pack, run, leap or bake - do whatever you want to support us in our work! Find out more here.
Service Evaluation 2014/15!
Find out what our service users say about us - click here to download our 2014/15 service evaluation.
Subscribe to our newsletter!
Thursday 9 March
Thursday 16 March
Two-day course Wednesdays 22 & 29 March